- Heinrich “Henry” Cordes
- Margaretha “Marie” (Meier) Cordes
A composite photograph of Margaretha (Meier) and Heinrich Cordes. No marriage photograph has been found.
Heinrich Cordes was born on May 1, 1849, in Scheeßel, Germany. He married Margaretha Meier on February 16, 1871, in Farrar, Missouri. They had five children during their marriage: John Peter August Cordes (1873 – 1874), Anna Marie Cordes (1876 – 1907), Heinrich Cordes (1878 – 1878), Martha Margaretha Cordes (1879 – 1967), and Marie Christina Cordes (1881 – 1915).
Heinrich Cordes To Margareta Meier State of Missouri, County of Perry. I certify, that on the 23rd day of February 1971, I joined in marriage Henrich Cordes and Maragreta Meier. FW Bergt Minister. Recorded Apr 12th 1871. Attest John Eibel Recorder.
Note the State of Missouri marriage record has their marriage date as being 23 Feb 1871 while the Salem Lutheran Church (of which Rev. Bergt was pastor) marriage record has the date of their marriage as being one week earlier, 16 Feb 1871. Note also that the date that the marriage was recorded in Perry County (Perryville) on Apr 12th 1871 nearly two months after it occurred. Family records have used the February 16 date as the wedding anniversary.
Picture Date – Before 1899 – Heinrich Cordes died 28 Mar 1899.
Marriage Date – 16 Feb 1871.
- Scanned from Dale’s Ancestors Album, March 24, 2015.
- Ella Anna Paulina (Kirmse) Krueger shared these portraits December 30, 2003.
- Source Information – Ancestry.com. Missouri, Marriage Records, 1805-2002 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2007. Original data: Missouri Marriage Records. Jefferson City, MO, USA: Missouri State Archives. Microfilm.
- Source: Marriage Records. Salem Lutheran Church, Farrar, Missouri. Copied September, 2003.